AAs part of its commitment to improving access to high-quality care, NYU Langone Health has begun the phased opening of the NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Center East 53rd Street at 159 East 53rd Street, offering gynecological, obstetric and complete wellness.
“This new state-of-the-art facility gives us the opportunity to significantly expand our range of gynecology and obstetrics services and improve patient care with a full range of specialty services,” says Dana R. Gossett, MD, the Stanley Professor H. Kaplan and President of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at NYU Grossman School of Medicine. “A true one-stop-shop for women’s health in a convenient new location, we are committed to providing the highest level of quality, integrated care that NYU Langone is known for throughout the region.”
When fully open, NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Center East 53rd Street will include the following features:
- 195,000 square feet – spread over 5 clinical floors
- approximately 100 examination rooms for patients
- seven state-of-the-art procedural suites
- 75 providers from more than a dozen clinical specialties
- convenient Midtown Manhattan location easily accessible by public transportation
- decor that includes artwork, furniture, textiles, and other interior items made by women
About NYU Langone East 53rd Street Ambulatory Care Center
Four practices have moved from nearby to the NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Center East 53rd Street, and specialists are currently seeing patients there on the fourth floor. In the spring, NYU Langone Fertility Center will move from its current location on First Avenue to 53rd Street. Additionally, the Joan H. Tisch Center for Women’s Health, a large Upper East Side multi-specialty practice, will move there next year.
At the new center, patients have access to routine and specialist care, educational programs and related outpatient surgical procedures in the following areas:
- comprehensive obstetric and gynecological care, including specialist care through Maternal-Fetal Medicine at NYU Langone Obstetrics and Gynecology Associates and NYU Langone’s Endometriosis Center
- primary care, internal medicine and a wide range of specialist care including cardiology, dermatology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, rheumatology, physiotherapy, pelvic floor therapy and sports medicine
- specialized clinical offerings, such as perinatal mental health, midlife medicine and cancer survivorship programs, transgender and gender-diverse care, and holistic approaches to treating fibroids
- advanced diagnostic and imaging services, including mammography, CT scans, MRIs, X-rays, stress echo testing, endoscopy, bone density testing, and ultrasound
- access to clinical testsincluding gynecological oncology trials
“Bringing providers together in a collaborative space enhances our ability to better meet the needs of our diverse patient population,” said Andrew Rubin, senior vice president of clinical affairs and ambulatory care at NYU Langone. “We expect to be able to provide 20% more appointments in this spacious center, and we will add new providers and specialties over time based on demand.”
In addition to the wide range of services offered, the space itself is designed to enhance a healing environment.
“With design elements created and chosen by women, this new facility provides our patients with a beautiful, inviting and highly functional space focused on wellness and well-being,” says Vicki Match Suna, AIA, VP Executive Chair and Associate Dean for Real Estate Development and Facilities at NYU Langone. “Upon entering the bright, open atrium of the main lobby, visitors are greeted by vibrantly colored and stunning artwork, including Marela Zacarías’ ‘Healing Shawl’ and an expansive glass mural of the artist Anne Lindberg that spans the five clinical floors of the building. Each work of art as well as carefully selected fabrics, furnishings, and finishes come together for a patient experience that complements NYU Langone’s high standard of care.
Deborah “DJ” Haffeman