SAN ANTONIO – Truth be told, you can do anything with it tape and these two teenagers from the San Antonio area proved it.
The two are set to win college scholarships after being chosen as one of the top ten finalists for the Duck® brand 22nd Annual Stuck at Prom Scholarship Competition.
Nathan Elias of San Antonio and Kaleb Burch of New Braunfels both made tuxedos out of sticky tape. Judges selected the finalists based on their use of color, craftsmanship, originality, accessories and how Duck Tape was used in their designs.
“It takes creativity, curiosity and commitment to thrive in this competition and we saw that in all of the entries,” said Ashley Luke, senior product manager at Shurtape Technologies, LLC, the company that markets the Duck® brand. “These talented teenagers recognized the opportunity to turn prom into a chance to win college scholarships and they went for it! We are beyond impressed with their skills and style. We have can’t wait to see who takes home the big prizes.
Nathan tells us that he plans to attend the University of the Incarnate Word in the fall and that receiving this scholarship would be a great help. He said his design took 35 hours to make and he used 20 rolls of Duck Tape.
Kaleb’s design took him 30 hours to create and he only used 10 rolls of Duck Tape.
You can check out the creative designs of the finalists in the prom dress category as well as the tuxedo category, and vote to help determine the winner.
The two entrants, a dress and a tuxedo, who receive the most votes will be named grand prize winners and will each receive a $10,000 college scholarship. The eight finalists will each receive $500 scholarships and $100 Duck® brand prize packages.
Here are all the finalists in both categories:
2022 Stuck at the ball® Clothing finalists:
- Elise Villarreal (Mattawan, Michigan)
- 140 hours and 18 rolls of Duck Tape®
- Grace Vaughn (Trinity, Florida)
- 143 hours & 45 rolls of Duck Tape®
- Elizabeth Delli (Highland Park, Ill.)
- 27 hours & 16 rolls of Duck Tape®
- Avalon Hagerman (Waterloo, ON)
- 157 hours & 25 rolls of Duck Tape®
- Mady Bischoff (Temperance, Michigan)
- 60 hours and 30 rolls of Duck Tape®
2022 Stuck at the ball® Tux finalists:
- Nathan Elias (San Antonio, Texas)
- 35 hours & 20 rolls of Duck Tape®
- Adrienne Flowers (Gulf Breeze, Florida)
- 81 hours and 50 rolls of Duck Tape®
- Kaleb Burch (New Braunfels, Texas)
- 30 hours & 10 rolls of Duck Tape®
- Chidinma Onwuliri (Mississauga, ON)
- 30 hours & 12 rolls of Duck Tape®
- Colten Nichols (Van Buren, Arkansas)
- 95 hours and 48 rolls of Duck Tape®
CLICK HERE to vote for your favorite now.